You are here: hb9bbd.ch >> articles >> Hydraulic Dish Control
Hydraulic Dish Control
Category: EME Equipment,
Created: 2001-10-21 11:26:16
Why Hydraulic Dish Control?
I was asked many times, what inspired me to move the dish by hydraulic engines in azimuth and elevation.
The Pro's for hydraulics:
- Lots of power: no matter how heavy your system is, you can move any weight.
- No counterweight needed. You better use the concrete blocks for appropriate basement of your tower!
- Ideal for outdoor use! No matter how wet, cold, hot or icy everything is, it works. Electric motors don't like water and snow!
- Precise control. Slow movement with hydraulics is easy.
- No mechanical shift. Hydraulics are not impressed by winds. No mechanical gear.
- minimal maintenance requirement
The Con's against hydraulics:
- heavy structures. Indeed, hydraulic engines are heavy. Your tower has to cope with this.
- You might not be familiar with hydraulics. Once you recognize it's value, you'll be an expert soon!
Back to Mainpage